VOLUNTEER SIGN UP
CARIBBEAN MULTIHULL CHALLENGE
The Sint Maarten Yacht Club is inaugurating a new and important annual event in the world of Caribbean sailing. Premiering on the 8th, 9th, and 10th of February (a scant 10 weeks away and less than 3 weeks before the mighty Heineken Regatta), the Caribbean Multihull Challenge Regatta and Festival is already off to a soaring start.
There will be three days of multihull only racing and three days of a multihull lifestyle festival complete with a mini boat show at our docks and in our parking lot. There will be evening parties and prize giving events here and at Buccaneer Beach Bar; plus three hours of competitive beach games on Saturday for racing crews on Kim Sha Beach.
With up to 30 boats expected to enter, the event is sponsored by Mount Gay Rum along with major multihull charter and brokerage companies like Caribbean Multihulls, The Multihull Company, and Trade Winds Luxury Vacations. They – along with sponsor Yacht Club Port De Plaisance and others – are expecting our Club to host a major success as we institute another annual in-season successful Sint Maarten event.
To make the CMC a success, Club volunteers will need to add to their burden of working on the Heineken by helping out with this brand new event as well.
We are specifically looking for people to administer, lead, or work on committees for the following aspects of this event:
1. Ambassadors to represent the CMC to tourist, visitor, and residential constituencies across the island to help us invite people to the three day Festival -- the boat, gear, and vendor portion of the event.
2. Dock and property crew to make the club and parking lot ready for guests, sponsors and vendor tents and to help sponsors with docking their demo yachts at the docks.
3. Race Registration, hosting, and party crew to help with registration, party set-up, and prize acquisition / distribution for nightly awards ceremonies.
4. Race committee volunteers. Work with starts, finishes, recording and flags.
5. Persons to help Stuart Knaggs (measurer) with multihull weighing at Bobby’s MegaYard on the weekend before the CMC (2nd and 3rd February).